Date of Adoption: September 10, 2001.
Purpose: Increases the licensing fees for acute care hospitals, from $63.50 per bed to $81.65 per bed.
Citation of Existing Rules Affected by this Order: Amending WAC 246-320-990.
Statutory Authority for Adoption: RCW 70.41.100, 43.20B.110, and 43.70.250.
Adopted under notice filed as WSR 01-16-150 on August 1, 2001.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Comply with Federal Statute: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; Federal Rules or Standards: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0; or Recently Enacted State Statutes: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted at Request of a Nongovernmental Entity: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted on the Agency's Own Initiative: New 0, Amended 1, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted in Order to Clarify, Streamline, or Reform Agency Procedures: New 0, Amended 0, Repealed 0.
Number of Sections Adopted Using Negotiated Rule Making:
Pilot Rule Making:
or Other Alternative Rule Making:
Effective Date of Rule: Thirty-one days after filing.
October 3, 2001
M. C. Selecky
AMENDATORY SECTION(Amending WSR 99-24-096, filed 11/30/99, effective 12/31/99)
WAC 246-320-990 Fees. Hospitals licensed under chapter 70.41 RCW shall:
(1) Submit an annual license fee of ((
eighty-one dollars and (( fifty)) sixty-five cents for each bed
space within the licensed bed capacity of the hospital to the
(2) Include all bed spaces in rooms complying with physical plant and movable equipment requirements of this chapter for twenty-four-hour assigned patient rooms;
(3) Include neonatal intensive care bassinet spaces;
(4) Include bed spaces assigned for less than twenty-four-hour patient use as part of the licensed bed capacity when:
(a) Physical plant requirements of this chapter are met without movable equipment; and
(b) The hospital currently possesses the required movable equipment and certifies this fact to the department;
(5) Exclude all normal infant bassinets;
(6) Limit licensed bed spaces as required under chapter 70.38 RCW;
(7) Submit an application for bed additions to the department for review and approval under chapter 70.38 RCW subsequent to department establishment of the hospital licensed bed capacity; and
(8) Set up twenty-four-hour assigned patient beds only within the licensed bed capacity approved by the department.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.41.100, 43.20B.110 and 43.70.250. 99-24-096, 246-320-990, filed 11/30/99, effective 12/31/99. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.41.030 and 43.70.040. 99-04-052, 246-320-990, filed 1/28/99, effective 3/10/99.]